Regular maintenance is key if you want to extend the lifespan of your wig. Using the right products along with the right techniques can increase your wigs longevity and see them last for years.
We've shortlisted a few do's and don't below that can help you protect your hair investments so you can enjoy your wigs for as long as possible.
- Detangle your wig with a wide-tooth comb ( starting from the ends) before washing.
- Wash your wig weekly ( if you wear it every day). Product buildup and grease can cause your wigs to be stiff & tangle.
- If you're not in a rush, opt out of using heat and air dry your wigs instead.
- Use leave-in conditioner regularly. This will help to top up your hair extension moisture levels in between wash days.
- Store your wigs away in a silk or satin bag.
- Over bleach your knots (this can accelerate balding by 50%).
- Over pluck your frontals and closure if you want them to last.
- Use wig adhesives every day. Repetitive glueing and removal can weaken the lace and knots overtime.
- Tug on your lace when putting on, adjusting or removing your wig.
Check out our wig cleaning service for complete, hassle-free maintenance!