Let’s be real, buying a wig online can be a minefield. This is why it’s important to do your own research, know what you’re looking for and ask the right questions. Below, we’ve put together a few tips to help you find the perfect wig online.
1. Know what you’re looking for.
Do you want synthetic or human hair? A lace closure or a full lace wig? Do you want the hair coloured or natural? Long or short? What style are you hoping to achieve (Pinterest is great for wig inspo)?
2. Do your research.
Try and find reviews online. If you can’t find any, comment on their most recent/popular social media post and ask if anyone has bought a wig from them recently. Between editing, angles and lighting it’s becoming harder to know from pictures what’s authentic and what’s not.
3. Ask the right questions
The main questions you want to ask are...
- Where is the hair sourced?
- Does the hair bleach easily?
- Have the cuticles been stripped? If yes, AVOID. This hair will tangle.
- Are all the cuticles going in the same direction? If not, AVOID (results will be the same as above).
- What’s the average lifespan of your hair?
- Do you bleach your knots? Bleached knots reduce the longevity of your closures/frontals.
- Are your wigs machine sewn or handmade?
- What type of cap do you use?
- What do you use for wig security?
- What’s your refund policy? Even if there’s a “no refund” policy, there should still be something in place to cover you (for a set period) in case you’re not happy with your purchase.
Drop a 💕 in the comments section if you found our tips useful.